Fields of Zen

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Post Office  (Read 204 times)

calebdude

• Protectorates
    • View Profile
Post Office
« on: May 11, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »

Hello everyone calebdude here to announce the release of the post office. Most of you probably have no idea what this is outside of admins. So, I will briefly explain. The post office was an idea i came up with and Scorp decided to produce unto the server. It is a series of chest labeled throughout number specific halls (just like a PO box) and is meant  to be used as a form of one person offline one person online trading and messaging or debt payoffs as long as you are willing to wait for a response. Now that i have explained it (though probably not that well XD) I will give an example. eg: I would like to trade a stack of obsidian for some ender pearls with Scorp I would put the obsidian and a book saying what i would like the trade to be in Scorp's box. Now, when Scorp checks his box (which should be done every time you log on to ensure this works) he would see this. Now, if he wanted to trade he would put the ender pearls into my box and leave a book that has a thank you or something in it, closing the trade. But, if Scorp did not want to trade he would put the obsidian back into my box with a book saying no trade or something of the such. I am pretty sure you guys will eventually figure this out if there is trouble though just drop a note in my box. Also to get there just use /warp post. Remember though stealing from trades will be punished. Thank you for your time,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  calebdude :geek:  :geek:  :geek:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scorp

• Site Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Post Office
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »

This idea was exciting to me because I've been looking for a way to do offline messages that feels more realistic then the in game mail commands!

Also, Caleb dude is the Postmaster, so if he notices that you have a message he'll let you know when he sees you!

This is the perfect example of how users can directly contribute to the server's well being :) :D

calebdude

• Protectorates
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »

thanks scorp also i am available to Skype whenever (Well at least when i am not in school) about the other project just give me a heads up through email :geek:  :geek:

Scorp

• Site Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:46:06 AM »

Will do :)