Fields of Zen

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Information about Quarrys  (Read 288 times)

Scorp

• Site Engineer
    • View Profile
Information about Quarrys
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »

What is a Quarry?
In the Case of the Fields of Zen server, a Quarry is an area, preferably a 10X10 square, that you plan on mining repeatedly without tunneling outside the support border or structure.
Here are screen shots of my Quarry for an example of what one could look like:

As you can see I'm only mining inside the walls of my structure down to bedrock.

Now you may think to yourself "But you can only mine those materials once then they're gone."
That brings use to our next section!

How is making a Quarry better then strip mining a mountain or mining in tunnels?
On the Fields of Zen we want everyone to be able to enjoy the scenery of the server without having it pocketed with holes and strip mining, we also want you to constantly have a chance to get diamonds without constantly having to move farther and farther away from your homes.

To that end we are instituting a regenerating Quarry policy, this means when your Quarry is as low as your want, simply call an Arbiter or Protectorate over and they can refill your quarry!
It will have random resources added to it as if you just found that section in the chunk!
So there is always a chance you'll have all the ores that biome allows there!

Judicial ranks have a schematic they use to quickly refill a 9X9 hole, to further aid us in this endeavor please mark the middle of the floor at the bottom.
If the refill is shorter than your quarry the rest will be filled in with sandstone and sand.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:09:21 AM by Scorp »